We are going to share a good news for Verizon’s Priv owners that the Big Red has finally kicked off the rollout of Android Marshmallow update.
The official changelog contains lots of new features and improvements for the Priv, aside from those that usually come with Marshmallow.
Software Version: AAH376
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for your BlackBerry Priv. Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow improves your mobile experience with new battery-smart features and enhanced app permissions that give you even more control.
Wi-Fi Calling – You can make and receive calls over a Wi-Fi network if cellular service isn’t available, helping conserve your data:
- It’s included at no additional charge with your existing plan and device
- Use your own phone number to make and receive calls
- Wi-Fi calls to US numbers are free, even while traveling outside the US
- You can activate Wi-Fi Calling directly on your device. Go to Settings > Advanced Calling > Activate Advanced Calling
Once Advanced Calling is active, you can turn on HD Voice and Wi-Fi Calling from the same settings.
Now on Tap – Instantly pull up relevant information cards.
- Now on Tap anticipates what you need in the moment. With a simple tap, you can get cards with useful information and apps that feed your need to know. For example, if you open up the Calendar app and see an appointment to meet at a museum, just press and hold the home button to view information about the museum. Once you done, you’ll go back to the Calendar app.
- A new feature to help protect your privacy. Certain apps will now request your permission to use features on the phone.
- Changes to Google Services and Apps are now done in the Settings Menu. The Google Settings app has been removed from the applications tray.
BlackBerry Keyboard – The improved keyboard prediction engine provides a better experience by picking out commonly used words.
- Words with numbers now can be learned, like 1-800-FLOWERS
- Easier to write emails with name suggestions from the contact app
- Enter words on the virtual or physical keyboard by swiping across keys
Home screen launcher
- You can now sort apps with separation between work and personal application.
Floating phone indicator
- The floating phone indicator appears when a call is active now shows mute state.
- Add, update, and delete contacts to the SIM card
- Provides a user with an improved method of unlinking contacts and information from multiple sources.
Tasks and Notes
- Rich text editing is now added in both Tasks and Notes applications.
Camera – Take your photography to the next level with enter an advanced controls and manual capture settings such as:
- Shutter speed
- EV Compensation
- White Balance
- You can record video at 24 FPS in 4K, Full HD , or HD.
DTEK improvements – You can modify permissions on a system or per app level from within the DTEK app.
DTEK will notify you if the system detects a security change.
If you’ve been waiting for the update to arrive, go ahead and check your device for updates.